Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Carter's Tree

Shortly after Carter was born, some good friends sent us a seed for an oak tree. It had already started to sprout (just a tiny crack in the seed), so we planted it as a family. Look how it has grown in a month!

Photobucket


Livie has been taking good care of Carter's tree - watering it every 3 days, and making sure it gets the sunshine it needs. We planted it in the container that came with it, but I am thinking that we may need to transplant it before spring at this rate.

3 comments:

  1. I'd move it to a larger pot if necessary, but I wouldn't plant it outside until Spring. It's growing beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, by transplant I meant a larger pot. In MN, there is no option to plant outside before the spring thaw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am stopping by your blog from the bump...I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet son. We also just lost a son in October to SIDS.

    I just wanted to tell you that we are growing a little oak tree too and it looks just like yours! :o) It totally brought a smile to my face. I love seeing it grow every day and I'm glad a little tree is bringing you joy too.

    ReplyDelete